Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Allow God to prune you!

Last night Pastor Art preached about Mothers and how to grow. 


One point was: 


You must cooperate with pruning in your life.



2 He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more.

                        John 15:2 (New Living Translation)



I prayed a prayer that God would close doors that he needed closed in my life and open up doors that he wanted me to go through. You know that saying "be careful what you wish for"? Well he's provided way to shut doors on friendships in the form of friends grown apart. 


I have an ache in my heart for a few friends with whom I was becoming very close with and we were becoming best friends, shared our most inner desires and secrets. Then over time we all got busy and now I don't talk to them at all. And when I do try to reach out they don't respond.


Though I don't want to lose them as close friends I finally realized that God was trying to shut the door telling me that though these friends were good for laughs they weren't supporting me spiritually. 


After the message this Sunday I realized that I need to allow God to shut the door on those friends and move on to the open door waiting for me.


Are there any doors that God is trying to close in your life that you're not allowing to close completely? Know that when you trust in Him, all things work out for the better. 






No comments:

Post a Comment